Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Banana Nutella Muffins

Just make these now.


Unfortunately, I am slightly allergic to bananas.
When I eat them my tongue gets all tender and itchy.
I probably shouldn't eat them at all, but they're so delicious!

The weird thing is, when I eat banana bread/cake/muffins/cookies/etc. I don't get that itchy, tender feeling!
I don't know what it is but it just doesn't happen, maybe some part bakes out or I don't know.
It is an incredible thing.

I am not as big of a nutella fan as I was when I was little.
My mom used to buy jars of it with graham crackers and pretzels. My siblings and I would come home from school and have this delicious, yet incredibly unhealthy... after school snack.
I'm sure at some point I have had a nutella and banana crepe or sandwich.
It is a perfect combination!

You could replace nutella with peanut butter, or almond butter... or neither.
You could add nuts, chocolate chips, or whatever you like!
This banana muffin recipe is super versatile so feel free to let those creative juices flow.

Happy Breakfast!!

Banana Nutella Muffins

  • 2 cups Flour
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Coarse Salt
  • 3 Large Bananas, over ripened and mashed
  • 1/2 cup Sugar
  • 1/2 cup Light or Dark Brown Sugar
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1/4 cup Canola Oil
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla
  • Nutella (small jar)
  • 1 cup of Nuts or Chips
Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick spray.

Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.

In a separate bowl, whisk together bananas, sugar, and brown sugar until combined. Add the egg, oil, and vanilla and whisk until just combined. Carefully sprinkle the flour mixture over the wet mixture and fold until no flour streaks remain. Add nuts or chips if you are using them.

Use a large ice cream scoop to put about 1/4 cup of mixture into each muffin cup. If you are using nutella, use a smaller ice cream scoop to place about a teaspoon of nutella on each muffin. You can microwave the nutella for about 15 seconds to make it a little smoother. Next take a toothpick and lightly swirl around the nutella and muffin batter. 

Bake for 15-20 minutes until puffed, golden and no longer jiggly. If you stick a toothpick in it should come out with few to no crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment