Thursday, July 25, 2013

Inside Out English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich

This was one of those ideas that had been brewing in my head for quite a while.


For about 4 weeks, I have been making myself a tradition egg-in-the-hole/toad-in-the-hole/egg-in-a-window/whatever you call it, every single morning.
I like to use salty butter because brings out a lot more flavor.
I also am a pepper fiend, so I grate a lot of fresh pepper over it.

I've heard that some people put syrup on theirs.
My dad said he did that when he was little.
I guess it sort of makes sense? It is basically french toast!

Anyways, this little breakfast sandwich is not very complicated!
Follow the steps carefully and you will have a delicious little breakfast sammie.


P.S. this is what it should look like before it is cooked!

Inside Out English Muffin Breakfast Sandwich
  • 1 English Muffin, I use Bays
  • 1 slice Cheddar or American Cheese
  • 3 tablespoons Salted Butter, room temperature
  • 1 Large Egg
Start by putting a large skilled on the stove at medium heat.

Pull the english muffin apart and spread a tablespoon+ of butter on either the cut side. Put the backs of the muffins together and place a slice of cheese in between. To cut the hole in the center, you can use a little circular cookie cutter. However, I find that is easier to use a sharp knife to cut a circle, but be very careful! Save the circle if you want to cook that too!

When you are ready, spread a little butter on the griddle and place the sandwich on top, turn the heat up to medium-highish. Quickly crack an egg into the center and let sit for about 2 minutes. (You can place the center you cut out on now as well) Flip and grill on the other side as well for 2 minutes. You want to be careful not to cook the yolk so watch the egg.

Serve with salt and pepper! Or Lawrys Seasoned Salt! Yummmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment